Teaching / [FEB23007] Voortgezet Programmeren (2012)
This is the course page for Voortgezet Programmeren (Econometrics), academic year 2011-12, block 3.
Exercises will be posted here and in blackboard. The answers _must_ be submitted via blackboard. When submitting your answer, include all the source files (with the .java extension) in a zip, and upload that through blackboards exercise completion functionality. The zip should have _only_ the source files directly in root of the zip-file (or in case they are within a package, then in the corresponding subdirectories). Each source file should clearly state in comments the authors' names and student numbers. Incorrectly submitted exercises award 0 points. For an example on submission zip format, see /this/. We use scripts to automate the unpacking- and compilation processes; if you're interested, see /here/.
- #0: not graded
- #1: deadline 2012-01-15 23:59 CET
- #2: deadline 2012-01-22 23:59 CET
- #3: deadline 2012-01-29 23:59 CET
- #4: deadline 2012-02-05 23:59 CET
- #5: deadline 2012-02-12 23:59 CET
- #6: deadline 2012-02-17 23:59 CET
- 2. ex: the regression model should be y = a + bx
- 3. ex: "document and assert their pre-conditions" should be "document and check their pre-conditions, throwing e.g. IllegalArgumentException if the condition does not hold"
- 3. ex: the exercise is a bit unclear on what you need to print out: you don't need to print out anything else than the regression equation
- 5. lec slides: page 6, says public class Student extends Person, and the constructor is 'public Person', although it should be 'public Student'
There are 6 graded exercises (#1-#6) each awarding maximum 8.33% of the final grade, so the maximum possible to be achieved from the exercises is 50%. The other 50% comes from the written exam. The exercises are graded according to the following scheme:
- Up to 6% from completing the exercise succesfully. Code that does not compile on JDK 1.6 awards _always_ 0% from the whole exercise - do not submit crap. If you manage to complete only part of the exercise, submit it and state clearly in comments which part you did and which not
- 2.33% for code clarity (methods, indenting, comments, variable names)
SoftwareAll software used during this course is free (even open source). The required ones are available for all major operating systems and can be downloaded below:
ExamThe exam will be a standard one with three essay questions. Note that you are _not_ allowed to bring with you any extra material to the exam: only a pen(cil), a sharpener, and an eraser are allowed. An example exam including sample answers can be found /here/.
Data/other files used in the exercises:
Additional learning material for pre-master students:
- LN-TT-22012-1 used at the Programmeren course.
- Internet is full of tutorials to programming in all possible languages. For example, see Wikiversity.
- Fun (at least IMHO) mathematical programming assignments can be found in the Project Euler. These are good learning material also for others than the pre-master students.